Journelle is seeking for Key Holders for its Soho and Upper East Side locations in NYC. We are a multi-channel lingerie retailer, bringing a fresh approach to the category through fashion-forward merchandise selection, sophisticated store design and exceptional customer care. Founded in 2007, the company currently operates five retail stores and a rapidly-growing online business dedicated to helping women love and wear beautiful lingerie everyday.
Based primarily at Journelle Union Square Flagship location, the Key Holder plays an active role in ensuring premium store standards and company policies are adhered to and an active role in collaborating with the sales team to meet sales goals and deliver positive consumer experiences, while serving as a role model to the whole team.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the function of the Key Holder is to carry out and support the directives of the Store Manager in the daily operations of a retail store including working directly with customers and ensuring that store personnel provides exceptional customer service.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to accomplish the following:
In addition to the responsibilities as Retail Sales Employee, the Key Holder also:
- Opens and closes the store performing all procedures to Company standards.
- Opens the store in a timely manner. Arrives early so that all employees log in on time.
- Ensures funds and entrance are secure, the alarm is on, and the door is locked, when the store is closed.
- Demonstrates high level of quality in work, attendance, timeliness, and appearance.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management team.
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and appropriateness working with customers in dressing room fittings and while presenting intimate apparel and accessories.
- Follows through and accomplishes multiple projects / priorities in a timely manner.
- Adheres to weekly work schedules and maintains availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and store closings according to the needs of the business.
- Shares equally in the operational responsibilities of the store such as cleaning, dusting, taking out the garbage, cleaning windows, etc. to ensure premium store image is maintained
- Ensures all the duties on the closing checklist have been performed meticulously. Leaves the store neat and organized before closing. Recover the fixtures and ensure all items are hung properly and fitting room is empty of all merchandise. Make sure the front counter is clean and any point-of-sale displays are organized and stocked.
- Reports any urgent or unique matters to the Store Manager.
- Diligently check emails and voicemail to identify any customer needs or issues + respond to internal company correspondence in a timely manner
- Understands and executes cash control procedures including: safe funds and petty cash.
- Assists in preparation, coordination and ensures complete and accurate physical inventory per company guidelines.
- Diligent execution of operations in line with maintaining store and staff safety.
- Collaborates with Store managers in areas of risk and inventory management, physical security, store cash controls.
- Identifies and communicates product concerns in a timely manner.
- Communicates inventory needs to support the business sales goal.
- Ensures image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times.
- Monitors and maintains compliance to all Company policies and procedures
- Ensure all Associates provide the highest level of customer service.
- Assists Operations Coordinator and Store Manager by providing information to ensure on-going, and immediate coaching and feedback.
- Supports in the preparation of store meetings and vendor trainings.
- Ensures accuracy of all POS procedures and conducts training of POS system to staff.
- Consistently demonstrates relationship selling skills to achieve and exceed planned daily, weekly and monthly sales goals set by store management.
- Actively drives business development by clienteling (via client book) and maintains positive relationships with existing client base.
- Resolves client issues and requests in an efficient and solutions-oriented manner.
- Assists sales employees with various customer service issues (i.e. returns, defective merchandise).
- Communicates and successfully promotes programs, marketing tools and events aimed at increasing business.
- Ensures accuracy of Company in-store promotions and merchandise markdowns.
- Maintains efficient and accurate back room operations to include stockroom organization and shipping/receiving.
- Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully; is constant and consistently one of the top performers; very sales driven as well as bottom-line oriented; self-motivated and supports others for results
- Has a clear understanding of store key performance indicators: units per transaction, transactions size and break even sale levels and how to drive profitability.
- Participates in vendor trainings to ensure high levels of product knowledge as well as fitting attributes
- Assists Store Manager in execution and maintenance of visual merchandising standards consistent with the Company brand standards and directives.
- Ensures the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times.
- Performs maintenance of merchandising in a reactionary manner according to weather, customer reaction, etc.
- Must ensure other associates are adhering to the hanging/ merchandising standards.
- Must make certain that other associates are maintaining/ following through with the organization of collections and sizes in back stock.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- As requested by Management, perform above duties at alternative Journelle retail locations on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain top position in total sales at dedicated location and company-wide.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Team player who possesses the ability to work in a learning environment.
- One to two years’ retail experience preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach, sit, lift & carry up to 25-40 pounds use finger dexterity, and have visual and hearing acuity.
- Receive general supervision and follow detailed departmental guidelines.
- Work weekends, evenings and holidays.
Please email your resume to email@example.com, mentioning the position of interest in the subject line. We can't wait to hear from you.