Key Holder (NYC)
Journelle is seeking for Key Holders for its Soho and Upper East Side locations in NYC. We are a multi-channel lingerie retailer, bringing a fresh approach to the category through fashion-forward merchandise selection, sophisticated store design and exceptional customer care. Founded in 2007, the company currently operates five retail stores and a rapidly-growing online business dedicated to helping women love and wear beautiful lingerie everyday.
The Key Holder supports the Store Management team through performing daily store opening and closing operations. As the selling supervisor, you will focus on maximizing sales through delivery of outstanding customer experience. You will also work with the rest of the store staff on demonstrating best-in-class sales techniques, and act as the "lead" in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Manager to maintain store operational excellence. The Key Holder assumes responsibility of all store operations when Store Management personnel are out of the store.
- Support the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in leading the store team to drive sales through training and coaching.
- Exemplify the Journelle spirit and company values and create an outstanding service culture.
- Provide constant feedback and coaching to improve the team’s skills and sales results.
- Assist in recruiting associates who are passionate about sales and customer service.
- Assist in training new team members on customer service, operations, performance, loss prevention and all other Company policies.
- Help each team member improve in their KPIs by setting goals for improvement. This will help the team and company can achieve our collective goals.
- Lead by example to assist in achieving Journelle’s sales plans and profitability goals.
- Proactively make suggestions to the store manager based on analysis that will positively impact the business.
- Set measurable performance standards and goals based on Journelle’s expectations and metrics. For example, setting a daily sales goal for the team in order to help the team achieve targets.
- Assist in creating an environment focused on the customer experience.
- Ensure that each team member is knowledgeable about the Journelle lifestyle.
- Be inventive and create additional business opportunities by ensuring that team members focus on building their clientele.
- Assist with opening and closing of store to ensure the store is ready for business
- Ensure that Company standards are upheld in merchandising, visual presentations, housekeeping and loss prevention.
- Protect store assets and inventory.
- Manage new receipts, transfers, markdowns, back stock and fill-ins.
- Assist in training new associates on product knowledge
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Ensure daily monitoring and execution of sales
- Supervise sales floor and provide direct supervision for an abbreviated period of time in the absence of a store manager on the floor
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- Excellent English communication - verbal and written
- Excellent time management/project skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Comfortable and confident in making decisions in a timely manner
- Goal oriented: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
Please email your resume to email@example.com, mentioning the position of interest in the subject line. We can't wait to hear from you.