Who We Are
We believe that lingerie shouldn't be just for special occasions, but should be a daily luxury for every woman. Conceived out of frustration at the lack of shopping options for lovely lingerie, Journelle presents a tastefully-curated selection of designer lingerie + loungewear. Yet, our merchandise is only half the equation. In five short years, Journelle has become the premier destination for lingerie shopping in New York amongst style savvy shoppers and has grown from our first location in Union Square to include Upper East Side and Soho outposts. Our customers who can’t make it to the city can still enjoy our signature experience online at Journelle.com.
Who We're Looking For
Our team is the core of what we do at Journelle. We, at Journelle are dedicated to providing our customers with compassionate, expert assistance in an environment that is as chic and luxurious as the lingerie itself. We are completely devoted to giving our customers the best possible experience and our team is at the heart of that mission. We love that our team says Journelle is a great place to work. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, creative environment and love customer service and lingerie, we would love to hear from you!
Store Manager (Upper East Side)
As Store Manager, you are responsible for your store’s performance. The most important drivers of store success are excellent customer service and developing a high-performance team of Sales Associates. In addition, you will participate in other areas of Journelle’s strategy and operations and help drive the company’s success. The Store Manager role requires exceptional leadership and collaborative skills and the wisdom to know that leaders lead best by example.
The Store Manager role has a broad range of oversight:
- BUILD A CUSTOMER CONNECTION WITH EVERY CUSTOMER WHO ENTERS THE STORE. Use every customer interaction as an opportunity to lead by example and illustrate Above & Beyond customer care.
- RECRUIT AND RETAIN GREAT TEAM MEMBERS. Assist with hiring and staffing planning. Motivate and encourage talented team members to have long careers with Journelle.
- DEVELOP TEAM MEMBERS. Manage each Store Associate’s training path; ensure that each receives all training and support. Hold monthly staff meetings.
- MAINTAIN AN INVITING STORE ENVIRONMENT. Claim ownership the store and be proactive in maintaining a pleasant store for customers—orderly, sparkling clean, and fully stocked.
- DEVELOP, EXECUTE AND CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE STORE POLICIES.
- MANAGE SYSTEMS. Ensure training and proficiency of Store Associates on store systems (e.g., Point of Sale); provide ongoing instruction as needed.
- MANAGE FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. Find opportunities for your store or Journelle broadly to improve and help craft the path to get there.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Leadership experience
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Professional self-starter, able to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Keen ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Interest in long-term career development
Journelle offers competitive packages including a competitive salary, comprehensive health care, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Full-Time and Part-Time Sales Associates (NYC & Chicago)
Store Associates will be responsible for driving store performance and for building an unparalleled reputation for customer service. We’re looking for energetic, proactive team players with excellent communication skills and the desire to grow with our company. Experience with lingerie, or at least a passion for it, is a must.
Key responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, processing and increasing sales, strategizing and maintaining successful visual merchandising, and creating and maintaining excellence in store operations.
The right candidate will possess:
- Prior customer service and sales experience with quality retailers (2 years minimum)
- College degree (preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Drive to provide the best possible experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Desire to grow with a dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Extensive product training and personal development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
We are looking for a talented Graphic Design Intern who is an enthusiastic team player with a demonstrated work ethic, flexible working approach and a strong curiosity about working in the fast-paced fashion industry.
The Graphic Design Intern will report directly to the Senior Graphic Designer.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists website image refreshes
- Contributes to social and blog post designs
- Archives photography, brand assets and various media
- Photo research and collection
- Resizes of web images
- Assists with window displays
- Assists with store signage and print collateral work
- Contributes to new ideas and developments
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
- Ability to apply branding guidelines
- Strong teamwork ability and willingness to learn
- Strong organization and time-management skills
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio.
*We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability of qualified individuals who can perform their essential duties with or without a reasonable accommodation, or any other legal protected status protected by law
Don't See An Open Position That Fits?
Please email us your resume, completed application and cover letter at email@example.com. We will keep them on file in case any open positions arise. We can't wait to hear from you.