Who We Are
We believe that lingerie shouldn't be just for special occasions, but should be a daily luxury for every woman. Conceived out of frustration at the lack of shopping options for lovely lingerie, Journelle presents a tastefully-curated selection of designer lingerie + loungewear. Yet, our merchandise is only half the equation. In five short years, Journelle has become the premier destination for lingerie shopping in New York amongst style savvy shoppers and has grown from our first location in Union Square to include Upper East Side and Soho outposts. Our customers who can’t make it to the city can still enjoy our signature experience online at Journelle.com.
Who We're Looking For
Our team is the core of what we do at Journelle. We, at Journelle are dedicated to providing our customers with compassionate, expert assistance in an environment that is as chic and luxurious as the lingerie itself. We are completely devoted to giving our customers the best possible experience and our team is at the heart of that mission. We love that our team says Journelle is a great place to work. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, creative environment and love customer service and lingerie, we would love to hear from you!
Part-Time Sales Associate
Store Associates will be responsible for driving store performance and for building an unparalleled reputation for customer service. We’re looking for energetic, proactive team players with excellent communication skills and the desire to grow with our company. Experience with lingerie, or at least a passion for it, is a must.
Key responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, processing and increasing sales, strategizing and maintaining successful visual merchandising, and creating and maintaining excellence in store operations.
The right candidate will possess:
- Prior customer service and sales experience with quality retailers (2 years minimum)
- College degree (preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Drive to provide the best possible experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Desire to grow with a dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Extensive product training and personal development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
Senior / Graphic Designer
Journelle is seeking a Senior / Graphic Designer to join its team of lingerie lovers. The Graphic Designer will report directly to the Marketing Director and will be a core part of a motivated marketing and design team, focused on creating print and web collateral. We are looking for a talented individual who can maintain the brand across all mediums, design and manage online visuals and create printed collateral for all locations. The ideal candidate is self- driven, able to work independently and will be responsible in the creative process from concept to final implementation.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design printed collateral, promotional materials and signage
- Design and or update concepts for packaging projects
- Oversee production for all printed collateral
- Develop relationships with print and packaging vendors for new and ongoing projects
- Design, schedule and maintain interfaces and web pages based on principles of design and usability
- Design e-blasts, e-commerce promotional spots and online marketing visuals
- Concept, manage logistics, and install window displays and environmental graphics
- Design and manage logistics for in-store and office visuals and signage as needed
- Assist with logistics and direction for photo shoots
- Maintain look and feel of the brand across all design platforms
- Archive photography, brand assets and various media
- Manage independent contractors
- Mentor and manage interns and junior level employees
- Lead in team environment and contribute to new ideas and developments
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in graphic design
- 4+ years experience in graphic design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong print production skills and experience with press-checks
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Expert understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
- Ability to understand and apply branding guidelines
- Solid understanding of web/interface design and usability
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to switch gears smoothly and efficiently, when needed
- Strong communication and time-management skills
Please email your resume and work samples to Marketing Director, Allison Beale, at email@example.com to apply.
Seasonal Fashion Buying Assistant (Temporary Position)
Journelle is seeking a Seasonal Fashion Buying Assistant to join its team of lingerie lovers and assist the Buying team during the busy season of placing Spring/Summer 2015 orders. This temporary position runs from July 30th through mid-September 2014 and will be paid. The Fashion Buying Intern will be trained in and is expected to help with all aspects of the buying process – from item catalog creation to purchase order placement and vendor follow-up. Successful completion of the program may lead to future positions with Journelle.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and manage item catalog
- Document and coordinate item price changes
- Use prior selling history to inform buying decisions
- Send and confirm fashion orders
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Working towards or completed 4-year college degree
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Familiarity with Macs a plus.
- Lingerie industry knowledge and strong brand relationships a plus
- Strong work ethic and analytical skills
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- High sense of accountability and responsibility; Ability to self-motivate and maintain momentum in ambiguous situations is a must
Please email your resume to Justina Wang, at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Don't See An Open Position That Fits?
Please send us your resume, completed application and cover letter. We will keep them on file in case any open positions arise. We can't wait to hear from you. Please email your resume, completed application, and cover letter.