Who We Are
We believe that lingerie shouldn't be just for special occasions, but should be a daily luxury for every woman. Conceived out of frustration at the lack of shopping options for lovely lingerie, Journelle presents a tastefully-curated selection of designer lingerie + loungewear. Yet, our merchandise is only half the equation. In five short years, Journelle has become the premier destination for lingerie shopping in New York amongst style savvy shoppers and has grown from our first location in Union Square to include Upper East Side and Soho outposts. Our customers who can’t make it to the city can still enjoy our signature experience online at Journelle.com.
Who We're Looking For
Our team is the core of what we do at Journelle. We, at Journelle are dedicated to providing our customers with compassionate, expert assistance in an environment that is as chic and luxurious as the lingerie itself. We are completely devoted to giving our customers the best possible experience and our team is at the heart of that mission. We love that our team says Journelle is a great place to work. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, creative environment and love customer service and lingerie, we would love to hear from you!
Sales Associates - New York
Store Associates will be responsible for driving store performance and for building an unparalleled reputation for customer service. We’re looking for energetic, proactive team players with excellent communication skills and the desire to grow with our company. Experience with lingerie, or at least a passion for it, is a must.
Key responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, processing and increasing sales, strategizing and maintaining successful visual merchandising, and creating and maintaining excellence in store operations.
The right candidate will possess:
- Prior customer service and sales experience with quality retailers (2 years minimum)
- College degree (preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Drive to provide the best possible experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Desire to grow with a dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Extensive product training and personal development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
Manager of Digital Marketing
Journelle is seeking a Manager of Digital Marketing to join the Marketing Team to manage and execute all analytical marketing though both the paid channels and through our email list. The Manager of Digital Marketing will be responsible for setting channel strategy, identifying new cutting edge opportunities, facilitating the marketing program, tracking the results, and continually optimizing.
This role requires a deep level of ecommerce and digital expertise, a flexible test-and-learn approach, and a passion for building great brands. This role will report directly to the Head of Marketing.This role requires the below key traits:
- Strong analytical skills. The role will be responsible for measuring, tracking and optimizing the performance of all digital programs. The ideal candidate with be an excel wiz, who understands the basics of statistics, and knows how to tie different data sets together and interpret the results.
- Digital marketing experience. This individual should be fluent in the key industry metrics (ROAS, CTR, CPV, etc), and how they impact the business. The person should have knowledge of how the major platforms work (from Facebook, to Google Ad Words, to newer opportunities)
- Creative passion and interest in collaboration. In addition to the analysis and critical thinking, this person should be willing to jump in, and try new things with us. This role will require close cross-functional collaboration and team-work.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIESMANAGE ALL DIGITAL SPEND
- Manage all paid online advertising spend across channels, including Facebook, SEM, Display and Paid Social. Partner closely with Head of Marketing and the Design team to architect and plan assets.
- Monitor performance of all spend, allocate budget across channels to maximize efficiency.
- Own and manage relationship with digital partners.
- Ensure all programs come in on or under budget.
- Proactively stay abreast of industry trends and new tools and technologies. Evaluate and recommend new opportunities to the company for digital marketing, and put into motion.
- Execute effective and on-brand email campaigns. Partner closely with Head of Marketing and the Design team to architect and plan assets.
- Analyze historical data on Journelle’s customers to set CRM strategy on how to communicate with existing customers and decide on most relevant segmentation.
- Monitor performance of all emails.
- Establish process and prioritization of robust A/B testing. Goal is to derive clear conclusions and improve email effectiveness over time.
- Develop and execute programs as per Marketing Calendar, and contribute to the calendar.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3+ years analytical marketing experience.
- 5+ years broader marketing experience
- 4-year college degree
SKILLS AND PASSIONS
- Interest in retail industry
- Strong project management skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Excel, and secondarily PowerPoint
- Strong analytics skills and comfort with data
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and AdWords
Head of Merchandising & Product Development
Journelle is seeking a lingerie-obsessed Head of Merchandising and Product Development to lead our product assortment. This includes both the curation of our 3rd party buy, the design and production of our Private Label line, and the overall management of our inventory. Through a thorough understanding of industry trends, a keen eye for assortment, and deep analytical skills with which to manage and measure our product sales, the Head of Product will help Journelle to stay on the cutting edge of the lingerie scene and maximize sales and profitability.
The role will have 2 direct reports and is ideal for someone looking to make a big impact at a rapidly-growing company. This role is part of the senior leadership team and will report to the CEO. This is an exempt position.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIESKEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY The Head of Merchandising and Product Development will have two areas of oversight. The first is to oversee our 3rd party buy and the second is to oversee our design, production and development of our own Private Label.
BROAD ASSORTMENT OVERSIGHT
- Ensure alignment of overall product assortment with Journelle Brand Values, and with the needs and wants of our customers.
- Continually and objectively re-assess items based on performance.
- Track and analyze sales and sales potential by class, department and location. Measure and improve sell-through and manage stock, ensuring high stock turns and managing against aging inventory
- Analyze sales and inventory reports to gain comprehensive understanding of the state of the businesses and partner with division heads to maximize sales and productivity
- Partner with all business units to identify product opportunities through consumer insights, designing and implementing feedback loops, competitive research and regular store visits
- Drive business through early planning and strategy implementation. Develop annual inventory plans and OTB budgets by category, vendor, style etc.
- Maintain monthly OTB. Maintain forecast of margin and inventory.
- Responsible to place buys.
- Oversee distribution of styles and inventory across all sales channels.
- Review and analyze business weekly, monthly, seasonally, developing appropriate initiatives
3rd PARTY BUYING
- Maintain a firm command of marketplace trends (including consumer, fashion, and product). Identify what’s missing in our assortment. Identify and capitalize on trends. Prepare fashion trend boards and color stories as required.
- Develop seasonal merchandise and planning strategies and assortment architecture based on current sales and market trends.
- Manage the buying process and place buys for new styles. Decisions are based on both quality of product assortments, data on historical product performance, and managing inventory flow
- Negotiate buying terms with vendors (price, margin, quantity, delivery terms) to achieve terms that improve margin and profitability
- Maintain relationships with existing brands though professionalism and through attending local trade shows and sales meetings
PRIVATE LABEL DEVELOPMENT
- Partner with direct report, the Creative Director of Private Label, to ensure the Journelle Collection meets business goals in assortment, sales, margin, and sell-though.
- Coordinate all phases of development cycle from initial concept through production hand-off. Drive issue resolution
- Create and monitor calendars to ensure timelines of deliverables
- Secure and manage inventory levels of materials, and ensure availability for sample room
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 4 year college degree, with fashion design major. Coursework in both merchandising and production required.
- 6-10 years experience in merchandise planning or allocation for a multi-brand retail company (focus on women’s apparel a plus)
- Experience with financial planning and retail business analytics
SKILL SETThe ideal candidate will have:
- Left Brain: Strong numeric and analytic aptitude. Strong understanding of retail concepts and math. Proven negotiation skills and vendor management experience
- Right Brain: High taste level with proven talent to envision and interpret fashion trends
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in working on a collaborative team
- High level of professionalism and positive, forward-thinking, team-oriented attitude
Don't See An Open Position That Fits?
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position of interest in the subject line. We can't wait to hear from you.