Who We Are
We believe that lingerie shouldn't be just for special occasions, but should be a daily luxury for every woman. Conceived out of frustration at the lack of shopping options for lovely lingerie, Journelle presents a tastefully-curated selection of designer lingerie + loungewear. Yet, our merchandise is only half the equation. In five short years, Journelle has become the premier destination for lingerie shopping in New York amongst style savvy shoppers and has grown from our first location in Union Square to include Upper East Side and Soho outposts. Our customers who can’t make it to the city can still enjoy our signature experience online at Journelle.com.
Who We're Looking For
Our team is the core of what we do at Journelle. We, at Journelle are dedicated to providing our customers with compassionate, expert assistance in an environment that is as chic and luxurious as the lingerie itself. We are completely devoted to giving our customers the best possible experience and our team is at the heart of that mission. We love that our team says Journelle is a great place to work. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, creative environment and love customer service and lingerie, we would love to hear from you!
The Warehouse Manager has a broad range of responsibilities in the organization. First and foremost, the Manager is responsible for the day-to-day and week-to-week functioning of the warehouse. The role requires strong problem-solving skills. The Manager will be the individual closest to all of the nitty-gritty details of our inventory and any issues that might (and do!) arise when we receive goods from suppliers, ship to customers, and replenish our stores. The Manager will also need to keep a close pulse on the balance between the capacity of the warehouse to do work and the amount of work that the warehouse needs to do.
The Warehouse Manager is also a People Manager. He or she gets to know employees as individuals and knows their strengths, weaknesses and potential. The Manager is able to teach and coach, is a cultural leader, and is a model of professional excellence.
Finally, the Warehouse Manager is poised to drive change in the organization. He or she sees bottlenecks and can articulate their nature and magnitude. He or she has ideas about how to solve these problems and what we might try differently. Sometimes the Manager individually executes change. Other times the Manager implements changes put forth by others. Either way, he or she is an active communicator.
Below is a more detailed description of each of these 3 main responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager.
Run the Day-to-Day Operations of the Warehouse
- Meet capacity the needs of the rapidly growing business.
- Ensure accurate forecasting of warehouse volume across work types.
- Set regular schedules for employees which match the pace of work.
- Manage hiring and training to meet staffing needs.
- Ensure all Sales Orders, Transfer Orders and Receipt of Incoming Goods are processed accurately and in a timely and manner. This involves tight management of processes, employees, and coordination with other business leaders.
- Ship orders and fulfill transfers same-day.
- Receive goods within 1 week of box receipt.
- Oversee Warehouse Staff
- Hold employees accountable to a high standard of performance. This includes working accurately, having a great attitude, following directions, following set processes, having a strong work ethic, being a team player, and working at a fast pace.
- Coach employees to strengthen their skills through regular performance reviews and daily feedback and monitoring of work. The Manager needs to understand the strengths and weaknesses of their team. In instances of poor performance, the Manager must escalate the issue quickly.
Make Journelle a Great Place to Work
- The Warehouse Manager is a senior leader in the organization and has a responsibility to help foster a positive culture. This includes modeling a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, partnering with colleagues on projects and helping to make all people in Journelle feel included and respected.
Continuous improvement of Journelle business
- The Manager needs to come up with new ideas to improve the warehouse, E-Commerce business and company broadly. He or she is responsible for thinking through an implementation plan for these ideas, a timeline, understanding costs (both in dollars and in time), and either implementing the project solo or working with their colleagues to move the project forward, as appropriate.
- The Manager must be a great collaborator, and share his or her operational knowledge to help facilitate the goals of other departments, including the Stores, Marketing, Buying and Technology teams.
- The Manager is responsible for raising “red flags” when he or she identifies a problem in the warehouse, even if the solution is unclear.
Necessary Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 3-5 years work experience
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Professional self-starter, able to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Keen ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Strong presentation skills
- Interest in long-term career development
Preferred Skills and Expertise:
- Experience managing a team of front-line, hourly employees
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
- Experience in a warehouse, fulfillment center or factory
Journelle offers competitive packages including a competitive salary, comprehensive health care, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Full-Time and Part-Time Sales Associate
Store Associates will be responsible for driving store performance and for building an unparalleled reputation for customer service. We’re looking for energetic, proactive team players with excellent communication skills and the desire to grow with our company. Experience with lingerie, or at least a passion for it, is a must.
Key responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, processing and increasing sales, strategizing and maintaining successful visual merchandising, and creating and maintaining excellence in store operations.
The right candidate will possess:
- Prior customer service and sales experience with quality retailers (2 years minimum)
- College degree (preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Drive to provide the best possible experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Desire to grow with a dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Extensive product training and personal development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
Don't See An Open Position That Fits?
Please send us your resume, completed application and cover letter. We will keep them on file in case any open positions arise. We can't wait to hear from you. Please email your resume, completed application, and cover letter.