Who We Are
We believe that lingerie shouldn't be just for special occasions, but should be a daily luxury for every woman. Conceived out of frustration at the lack of shopping options for lovely lingerie, Journelle presents a tastefully-curated selection of designer lingerie + loungewear. Yet, our merchandise is only half the equation. In five short years, Journelle has become the premier destination for lingerie shopping in New York amongst style savvy shoppers and has grown from our first location in Union Square to include Upper East Side and Soho outposts. Our customers who can’t make it to the city can still enjoy our signature experience online at Journelle.com.
Who We're Looking For
Our team is the core of what we do at Journelle. We, at Journelle are dedicated to providing our customers with compassionate, expert assistance in an environment that is as chic and luxurious as the lingerie itself. We are completely devoted to giving our customers the best possible experience and our team is at the heart of that mission. We love that our team says Journelle is a great place to work. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, creative environment and love customer service and lingerie, we would love to hear from you!
Sales Associates (New York + Chicago)
Store Associates will be responsible for driving store performance and for building an unparalleled reputation for customer service. We’re looking for energetic, proactive team players with excellent communication skills and the desire to grow with our company. Experience with lingerie, or at least a passion for it, is a must.
Key responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, processing and increasing sales, strategizing and maintaining successful visual merchandising, and creating and maintaining excellence in store operations.
The right candidate will possess:
- Prior customer service and sales experience with quality retailers (2 years minimum)
- College degree (preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Drive to provide the best possible experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Desire to grow with a dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Extensive product training and personal development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
Head of Marketing / CMO
Journelle is seeking a Head of Marketing to join the senior leadership team and set and execute overall marketing strategy. The Head of Marketing will be responsible for defining and refining our brand, will oversee all marketing operations, and will own all marketing and communications channels. This role will further be responsible for overall Ecommerce revenue and achieving sales goals through digital, email, and brand awareness campaigns. This important leadership role requires a deep level of functional expertise, a visionary perspective when it comes to merging content and commerce, and a passion for building great brands. This role requires a unique individual:
- A strategist. The role will be responsible for setting direction and building an overall brand strategy for the company. This will require making choices about where to focus time and resources. The leader must develop his or her own brand vision, while being in touch with the customer journey and overall market trends.
- A collaborative leader. The leader will head a team consisting of marketers, graphic designers and copywriters, and will develop these direct reports. He or she will also guide the company into a stronger, clearer, and more impactful brand identity through work on cross-functional teams. The leader must be adept at leading both vertically and across the organization.
- A willingness to jump in. After setting over all strategic goals, this role will require the leader to roll up his/her sleeves, map out tactical steps for a given project and lead by example to ensure precise execution. Where he or she is unfamiliar, he or she is excited to learn quickly.
- An artist and a scientist. The role will require a mix of both left-and-right brain: able to interpret data, as well as guide the creation of original artistic content.
Core ResponsibilitiesIDENTIFY AND TIGHTLY TARGET OUR CORE CUSTOMER
- Refine Journelle’s understanding of our core customer through rigorous consumer research and insights.
- Own brand guidelines (visual style, persona, voice) and build tools to ensure consistent and cohesive brand experience across all consumer touchpoints.
- DIGITAL MARKETING: Oversee Journelle’s digital marketing budget and our external agency. Utilize analytical and qualitative tools to drive sales.
- EMAIL: Oversee execution of effective and on-brand email campaigns. Develop sophisticated CRM strategy.
- SOCIAL, PR, AND AWARENESS: Drive brand awareness and teach new women to love lingerie. Build communities of engagement. Create and supervise the creation of daily, relevant, on-brand daily content for our Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other sites. Manage third party PR partners.
- WEBSITE IMAGERY: Organize and manage high-budget photo-shoots and online image collateral.
- Manage complex and new projects from conception through delivery. One major project will be supporting new store launches with impactful and cost-effective campaigns to seed the market.
- Align cross-functional stakeholders to ensure successful execution of marketing initiatives. This role must partner with all other areas including stores, warehouse, merchandise, tech, ecommerce and finance.
- Set and manage to project-level budgets.
- Write clear briefs at the start of all campaigns to drive alignment and focus.
- Maintain and publish calendar of marketing initiatives, keeping all relevant parties up to date.
- Measure ROI of marketing initiatives, critically evaluate success and facilitate continual improvement.
- Promote learning mindset within team to seek to optimize and improve efficiency and consumer experience with every consumer interaction (social, email, in-store, search, etc).
- Develop and optimize brand’s attribution modeling to understand contribution of different elements of marketing mix to consumer acquisition and retention with internal and external partners. Utilize this information to refine and improve efficiency of marketing investment.
- Develop analytics tools highlighting key customer acquisition and brand performance KPIs to better assist decision making and strategic direction
Experience and Education
- 6-10 years Branding/Marketing experience.
- 4-year college degree (MBA a plus)
- Interest in retail industry.
- Experience managing teams, including both “left-brain” and “right-brain” people.
- Experience managing performance of direct reports, including delivering feedback, setting and communicating clear expectations.
- Able to look beyond where Journelle is today and envision a different way of doing things.
- Experienced in change management. Understands how to stage change so that we can both move quickly and mitigate risk.
- Able to understand KPIs for the business and track to them.
- Able to synthesize data and work in Excel to form independent analyses and conclusions.
- Adept at technical software and able to learn web-based tools.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel and familiarity with Macs.
- Passion for building a breakthrough and powerhouse brand that resonates with consumers.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Can evaluate creative work (graphic design, copy, and photography) to maintain high standards. and make sure we are on-brand across channels.
- Strong communication and intrapersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Passion for the consumer, and for learning.
- Appreciation for debate and discourse.
- Self-aware, development focused mindset.
- Ability to self-motivate and maintain momentum in ambiguous situations.
Assistant Store Manager
In the role of Assistant Store Manager, your passion and your strategic vision will lead the store team in providing an iconic, Above & Beyond customer experience, ensuring maximum profitability. You will achieve and maintain operational excellence through the efficient running of all areas of the store. Your commercial awareness, connection to your local client base and partnership with the Regional Manager and Corporate teams will ensure your store’s success. You will collaborate with your Store Manager to create and lead all store sales, training and customer service initiatives.
- Observe staff on the selling floor and their interaction with customers and co-workers, and overall customer service level for purposes of reaching independent conclusions regarding areas of strength and opportunities for improvemen
- Use every customer interaction as an opportunity to lead by example and illustrate Above & Beyond customer care
- Acquire strong product knowledge of the entire Journelle product line
- Advise and assist customers with their choices of products for themselves and for gifts
- Analyze sales results and work with Store Manager to create specialized action plans to achieve desired results
- Analyze and review sales associate’s performance
- Support SM in providing monthly one on one sessions with staff
- Meet with SM on a weekly basis to discuss the business
- Appropriately escalate HR issues or other risks to the company, employees, or our customers
- Participate in creating, implementing, and leading all sales and training initiatives
- Prepare and execute staff communications in areas for improvement, areas of success, and other issues as deemed appropriate
- Process Payroll, maintaining schedules and ensuring staff adheres to attendance and punctuality policies and procedures
- Communicate changes to procedures or tools to the store team and provide additional training as needed
- Design programs and incentives to maintain a team environment within the store
- Create a positive and professional work environment
- In partnership with SM, provide training to new hires and provide continuous refresher and specialized training, as needed, to sales associates
- Identify patterns in mystery shop scores, identify and execute training to increase overall scores
- Assist with coaching associates in clienteling, including in the following areas: Thank you notes, follow up with staff on client books, client outreach, marketing outreach in area (i.e. charities, events)
- Manage store execution in accordance with the company's visual and operational standards and the circumstances and market issues applicable to each individual store
Experience and Education
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- 4+ years work experience in retail sales with 1 year in a management role
- Must possess passion for customer service and the lingerie industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Basic math skills are necessary
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Proven exceptional customer skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong and positive work ethic
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Self-aware, development focused mindset
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer in exchange for your efforts:
- A highly competitive salary/compensation
- Bonus opportunities
- A warm, open, fun and friendly working environment
- Generous discount
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Don't See An Open Position That Fits?
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position of interest in the subject line. We can't wait to hear from you.