Who We Are
We believe that lingerie shouldn't be just for special occasions, but should be a daily luxury for every woman. Conceived out of frustration at the lack of shopping options for lovely lingerie, Journelle presents a tastefully-curated selection of designer lingerie + loungewear. Yet, our merchandise is only half the equation. In five short years, Journelle has become the premier destination for lingerie shopping in New York amongst style savvy shoppers and has grown from our first location in Union Square to include Upper East Side and Soho outposts. Our customers who can’t make it to the city can still enjoy our signature experience online at Journelle.com.
Who We're Looking For
Our team is the core of what we do at Journelle. We, at Journelle are dedicated to providing our customers with compassionate, expert assistance in an environment that is as chic and luxurious as the lingerie itself. We are completely devoted to giving our customers the best possible experience and our team is at the heart of that mission. We love that our team says Journelle is a great place to work. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, creative environment and love customer service and lingerie, we would love to hear from you!
Journelle is seeking a Regional Manager to join the senior leadership team. The Regional Manager will be responsible for overseeing the 4 (and growing) Journelle retail locations as well as the Customer Care team. This important leadership role of Regional Manager requires a deep level of functional expertise, a visionary perspective on how to further our company and brand missions, and a passion for teams and people management.
This role requires a unique individual:
- A collaborative leader. The Regional Manager will lead the Store and Customer Care management team. This role has 5 direct reports: the 4 Store Managers and the 1 Customer Care Team Lead. He or she will develop these direct reports, ensuing that they have the training and tools to do their jobs effectively. The Regional Manager is responsible for helping these leaders to grow and progress in their skills and careers.
- A visionary. The Regional Manager will be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement. These include, but are not limited to: customer service practices, hiring and training, merchandising, sales methodologies, operations processes, and people management. The Regional Manager will be a keen observer of the way we do business, gather feedback from her management team, our customers, and our competitors, and will identify best practices.
- A precise executor. The Regional Manager will develop and execute key initiatives, as agreed upon with the CEO. Where he/she is unfamiliar with how to approach a new project, he/she is excited to learn quickly. These efforts will be expected to drive significant business growth.
- A representative. He or she will also more informally guide the company, through work in cross-functional teams, to make sure the stores and Customer Care teams are in alignment with other Journelle efforts. The Regional Manager must be adept at leading both vertically and across the organization.
This is an exempt position.
- Ensure Managers develop and manage their staff through the use of best practices
- Models and coaches managers on how to manage frontline employees, including coaching great employees to be even stronger, managing poor performance, and regularly delivering feedback
- Plans and executes excellent training for both Associates and Managers. This includes both onboarding and ongoing training
Store and Customer Care Outcomes
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Responsible for monitoring and maintaining consistently excellent customer service across locations
- PHYSICAL SITE: Claims ownership of the store and is proactive in facilitating repairs, emergency responses and other maintenance activities as needed
- FINANCIAL: Responsible for all locations exceeding revenue and cost budgets
- Experiments regularly (but cautiously) with new practices to improve customer service, the daily functioning of the store and Customer Care work, and employee satisfaction
- Ensures adequate staffing across stores and Customer Care
- Protects inventory and inventory accuracy
- Ensures accurate accounting records for all transactions
- Is responsive to store emergencies, even on days off
Analytics and Tech
- Develop robust KPIs, and conduct range of analyses in NetSuite and Excel to monitor performance and assist decision making and strategic direction
- Leads the development and/or rollout of new software in store and customer care teams
Experience and Education
- 3+ years in team management
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel and familiarity with Macs
- Interest in lingerie and retail industry
- Ability to look beyond where Journelle is today, and envision a different way of doing things
- Experienced in change management. Understands how to stage change so that we can both move quickly and mitigate risk
- Experience managing the performance of direct reports, including delivering feedback, setting and communicating clear expectations
- Experience “managing managers.” This requires a focus on skills development, and a partnership approach to coaching
- Able to understand KPIs for the business and track to them
- Able to synthesize data and work in Excel to form independent analyses and conclusions.
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
Team & Culture
- Strong communication and intrapersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for the customer
- Value for debate and discourse
- Self-aware, development focused mindset
- Ability to self-motivate and maintain momentum in ambiguous situations
Journelle is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our rapidly growing retail start-up. The Graphic Designer will report directly to the Marketing Director and work together with a motivated team to create print and web collateral for a multi-brand lingerie company. We are looking for a talented designer who will maintain the brand across all mediums, design and manage online visuals and create printed collateral for all locations. The ideal candidate is self-driven, able to work independently and will be responsible in the creative process from concept to final implementation. Fashion and lifestyle experience is preferred.
- Design all printed collateral, promotional materials and signage
- Design interfaces and web pages based on principles of design and usability
- Create e-blasts, e-commerce promotional spots and online marketing visuals
- Assist with logistics and direction for photo shoots
- Concept window displays, manage logistics and install displays for NY locations
- Archive photography, brand assets and various media
- Manage independent contractors
- Mentor interns and junior level employees
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design
- 4+ years experience in graphic design
- Highly proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong print production skills and experience with press-checks
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Expert understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
- Ability to understand and apply branding guidelines
- Solid understanding of web/interface design and usability
- Strong communication and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities
- Has a good eye and experience in the fashion industry
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is also eligible for a medical insurance package, paid vacation days and corporate holidays, a generous employee merchandise discount, and team meals.
If you are interested in growing with a fun, dynamic, and creative team please send your resume and either a link or PDF of your design samples attached in an email to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed and if interested you will be contacted within 14 business days. No phone calls please.
Part-Time Sales Associates (NYC)
Store Associates will be responsible for driving store performance and for building an unparalleled reputation for customer service. We’re looking for energetic, proactive team players with excellent communication skills and the desire to grow with our company. Experience with lingerie, or at least a passion for it, is a must.
Key responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, processing and increasing sales, strategizing and maintaining successful visual merchandising, and creating and maintaining excellence in store operations.
The right candidate will possess:
- Prior customer service and sales experience with quality retailers (2 years minimum)
- College degree (preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Drive to provide the best possible experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Desire to grow with a dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Extensive product training and personal development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
Don't See An Open Position That Fits?
Please email us your resume, completed application and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep them on file in case any open positions arise. We can't wait to hear from you.