Customer Service Manager
Location: Journelle Home Office - New York, NY
Journelle is a multi-channel lingerie retailer, bringing a fresh approach to the category through fashion-forward merchandise selection, sophisticated store design and exceptional customer care. Founded in 2007, the company currently operates five retail stores and a rapidly-growing online business dedicated to helping women love and wear beautiful lingerie every day.
As a Customer Care Manager, you will lead a team of 5-6 associates (and growing) who support our online customers. The Customer Care team connects with customers over phone, email, and chat to help select the perfect lingerie and to solve checkout and shipping issues.
In this leadership role you will design and improve operational processes, drive sales, and create a consistently excellent customer service experience to Journelle.com shoppers. This role relies heavily on people management skills such as training and coaching, motivating a team, managing the needs of a department such as payroll, and performance management. This is an exempt position that reports to the Head of Operations.
- Use every customer interaction as an opportunity to illustrate Above & Beyond customer care.
- Manage each Customer Care Associate’s training path. Develop training plans and materials and ensure that each Associate receives all necessary training in a timely manner.
- Provide each Associate with clear direction and challenging, yet achievable, goals and projects.
- Write and deliver regular development worksheets including integration of KPIs. Provide coaching and tailor feedback to each Customer Care Associates
- Manage the Customer Care Team Lead. Identify areas of improvement and help the Lead develop managerial skills.
- Hold monthly staff meetings to help the team stay connected to company developments and priorities.
- Create a collaborative environment where peers feel respected, motivated and encouraged to reach excellence. Continuously illustrate and demonstrate how Journelle’s values should beived in day-to- day operations.
- Identify future leaders and mentor them by creating action plans to improve skill sets and manage scope of job responsibilities.
- Anticipate turnover, recruit team members, and proactively work to maintain staffing at target levels.
- Be proactive in addressing performance problems including escalating HR issues or other risks to the company, employees, or our customers.
Business and Operations Management
Grow Sales: Customer Care has a great opportunity to build revenue during customer conversations.
- Maximize sales volume and profitability of Customer Care while delivering an outstanding customer experience in line with brand expectations.
- Develop and manage outreach and clientele programs. Identify key clients and develop loyalty through the implementation of service strategies to drive sales and make the customer experience memorable and exceptional.
- Develop a deep understanding of products, brands, and fit procedures. Build a training program so that Customer Care Associates are current in their knowledge of available products.
- Ensure the Customer Care team is up to date on all sales and promotions information.
Develop Lean Operations: An operationally efficient team provides better quality and more convenient service to customers. Lean process management also minimizes payroll.
- Define metrics to track operational efficiency of CC team, such as how long it takes the team to reply to emails. Report regularly on results.
- Manage quality through Key Performance Indicators (KPI); use the KPIs to assess gaps against benchmarks, spot problems early, and track trends.
- Identify workflow and efficiency improvement opportunities. Keep a rolling list of improvement priorities. Implement solutions and evaluate efficacy.
- Measure team capacity and forecast staffing levels. Maintain expert-level knowledge of all workflows and exemplify best practices for work completion.
- Manage department expenses to budget. Understand operating costs and how your actions affect them.
Know and exemplify all company policies, including but not limited to: managing and reporting inventory, ensuring employee security and safety, complying with wage and hour and other employment law, payroll, scheduling, maintaining records, and submitting required reports.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position of interest in the subject line. We can't wait to hear from you.